Leigh Bawley built 1845/7. Sail number F22. Emma was clinker built in the late 1840’s by Thomas Bundock as a Leigh Bawley and given to his daughter Emma and her skipper husband Henry Cotgrove (Benson).
She worked the Thames Estuary from Leigh on Sea until 1901 before crossing the estuary to Whitstable where she was registered as F22. In 1916 she was doubled with carvel planking at Conyer Creek before being sold to the Gregory Family in 1928. Jim Gregory continued fishing for cockles and shrimps until his death in 2006.
She was taken to Hollowshore in Faversham creek where Barry and Dan Tester rebuilt her, she is now smack (cutter) rigged.
Emma has the number 3533 on the historic ships list.