Designed by Reg Freeman this 40 foot gentleman’s motor yacht was launched in 1966 from the yard of H. Attrill and Sons at Bembridge on the Isle of Wight. Reg Freeman was a qualified naval architect, noted for a variety of both sailing and motor yacht designs and with whom Angus Primrose had worked prior to his teaming up with John Illingworth.
The Attrills yard established in 1947 was to build a diverse range of vessels – ranging from dinghies, motor launches and sailing yachts, most of them to the to leading designs of their day. DELFINO was professionally rebuilt between 2003/7 and further enhanced in 2018/19 with the addition of an enclosed wheelhouse for the upper, previously open, steering position.
DELFINO spent her early years in Yarmouth – Isle of Wight, moved to the Clyde in the 1980s where she stayed until 2013 when she moved to Finland. The present owner acquired her in 2018.