Britannia was built in 1906 by Henry Roberts of Mevagissey. She fished local waters for many years as a pilchard driver. Originally her number was FY729 until she moved to Porthleven and fished out of Mounts Bay and numbered PZ8. Many years later she moved up to the Kent coast but was later abandoned in an estuary there until she was found band recognised by a local Cornishman, Mike Barker who renovated her between tides and moved her back to Cornwall.
She was known as Grace for 14 years under the ownership of Irishman, John Nelligan and then reverted back to Britannia in 2014 under her new ownership. She has had another recent restoration and there are plans to take her to Portugal this year as a test run for a later trans-Atalantic trip.
She is moored locally during the summer on the Helford and spends her winters at Gweek Classic Boatyard.