To enter your boat, please click here.
We welcome all boats up to 70ft LOD that are classic sailing craft, dinghies or rowing boats of traditional construction, built before 1967, or after 1967 but built in the classic spirit to a pre-1967 design or/and with a traditional rig – and to larger boats by agreement with the organizers. We also welcome classic motor launches to our Parade of Sail and shore-side functions.
Click through the toggles below for race information on the Falmouth Classics 2017.
|Early bird three race entry until 30th April||£30|
|Three race entry after 1st May||£40|
|Racing on Friday only||£20|
|Racing on Saturday only||£20|
|Classic Parade & Small Boat parade – Free (but you must have registered before entering)|
|Barbecue Saturday 19:00||£15|
Eligibility - more information
We welcome classic vessels of all kinds and styles to Falmouth Classics Regatta. For safety and logistical reasons we have a set of eligibility rules which are set out here. If you are not sure if you are eligible, we urge you to contact us.
Boats eligible for racing and classic parade of sail and power
- Any single-hulled sailing craft with a four-cornered mainsail (e.g. gaff, lug, sprit, gunter, squaresail or lateen rig) built before 1967, or built after 1967 but to a traditional design.
- Any single-hulled Bermudan rigged boat built before 1967 or built after 1967 but to a traditional design.
Boats eligible for parade of sail and power only
- Any wooden pulling boat propelled by two or more oars.
- Any mechanically-powered vessel built pre-1967 or after 1967 to a traditional design, with inboard propulsion.
Falmouth Classics Association Ltd reserves the right to accept or refuse an entry.
Boat classes in Falmouth Classics
- Large Falmouth Working Boats (class B)
- Small Falmouth Working Boats (class C)
- Gaffers under 23ft LOD
- Gaffers 23ft and under 30ft LOD
- Gaffers 30ft and under 40ft LOD
- Gaffers 40ft LOD and over
- Luggers under 25ft LOD
- Luggers 25ft LOD and over
- Bermudans under 25ft
- Bermudans 25ft and under 35 ft
- Bermudans 35ft and over
- St Mawes one-designs (SMODs)
Any other class may be accepted by advance agreement with the organisers.
All classes, except one-design classes, will be handicapped.
- Shrimpers, Sunbeams, Ajax, SMODs and Twisters will race as classes
- Falmouth Working Boats (B and C Classes) will use local class handicaps
- All other vessels racing whether gaff rigged or bermudan will require a South West Gaffers (OGA) handicap. If not already allocated a measurement form for your vessel will need to be completed well before the event. The handicap form (and other forms and information) can be found in the Forms and Downloads section, or you can download it here (pdf).